WE'RE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU.
At Members First Credit Union of Florida, your financial security is a top priority. Let us know when you are traveling out of state or out of country to ensure your Members First Visa® Credit and Debit cards continue working without interruption. Speak to a Member Information Call Center representative at (850) 434-2211, complete our Travel Notification Form, or stop by one of our branch locations to let them know when and where you will be traveling. Please note that some countries are blocked due to high risk of fraud. Always ensure that you have a secondary form of payment.
Countries Blocked Due to Fraud
Members First Credit Union of Florida and OFAC will block the usage of Credit and/or Debit cards in countries where the probability of fraud is extremely high, or where an unprecedented number of fraudulent transactions have originated.
Members First Credit Union of Florida offers alert systems to help our members be aware of when potentially fraudulent activity has taken place on their Credit and/or Debit cards. When potential fraud is detected, a combination of email, text, and phone call communications are triggered to let you know that suspicious activity has been spotted on your account.
Here's how it works:
Once a potentially fraudulent transaction is detected on your card a temporary block is placed on it, preventing further transactions. You must respond to one of these attempts to reach you with a "fraud" or "no fraud" response for the card block to be lifted.
If you have not provided Members First Credit Union of Florida with your current contact information, including email address, mobile phone number (for text), and a mobile or landline phone number for calls, please fill out a change of address form or stop by one of our branch locations to update your information.
Remember that these communications will never ask for your PIN or account numbers.
Call to Verify the Fraud Alert You May Have Received
(Verify your credit card fraud alert)
(Verify your debit card fraud alert)
After you've contacted Members First Credit Union of Florida about your travel plans to ensure your debit/credit card is not blocked for unusual activity, what else can you do to protect your finances while you travel? Keep the following tips in mind to be prepared for the unexpected:
- Carry only the cards you need for your trip and leave the rest at home in a secure location.
- Make a copy of important documents like your passport or photo ID and keep them in a secure location in case your purse or wallet is lost or stolen.
- Keep a record of important telephone numbers in a secure location should you have to report lost or stolen cards.
- LOST/STOLEN DEBIT CARD? (800) 472-3272.
- LOST/STOLEN CREDIT CARD? (800) 325-3678.
- CREDIT CARD DISPUTES? (800) 600-5249.
- Save receipts from all your purchases to compare with your financial statements when you return. If you see any unusual activity, contact us.
- Avoid using public computers or devices to view financial information.
- Bring multiple forms of payment (at least three to be safe). Keep two with you and the third in a safe place in case one or the other is lost or stolen.
- Download our Mobile Banking app to keep tabs on your account.
- Download the CardValet app for debit cards to monitor purchases, set spending limits, turn or card on and off, and set alerts when your debit card is used.
- Download the SecurLOCK Equip app to credit cards to monitor purchases, set spending limits, turn your card on and off, and set alerts when your credit card is used.
Go to main navigation