ADD CARDVALET® TO YOUR DIGITAL WALLET.
When you are a member of Members First Credit Union of Florida, we give you options to make handling your funds as convenient as possible. One way to do that is to register your Members First debit card on the CardValet® app. This incredible service adds an extra layer of security to your card and gives you control of your Members First debit card by defining when, where, and how your debit card is used. The app is supported on Apple IOS and Google Android-based devices and can be downloaded from the Apple and Android app stores.
CardValet® Features & Benefits
CardValet® is a FREE service that compliments your Members First debit card with the following convenient features that put you in control:
- CardValet® is password secured
- Turn your debit card off and on
- Activate alerts based on transaction amount; location; and merchant types like gas, groceries, or retail stores.
- Set spending limits
- Monitor and control debit card transactions
- Receive interactive alerts
- Manage and review debit card usage
- Review balances
- Locate ATMs and so much more!
To get started, simply download the FREE CardValet® app on your mobile device. The intuitive app design makes it easy to access account information and controls with the tap of a finger.
View the video below or the CardValet® Quick Reference Guide for step-by-step instructions on downloading the app, registering your card(s), and setting controls.
CARDVALET® FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Have questions about how to use CardValet®? Click the headers below to view the FAQ or visit the official CardValet® website.
1. Does CardValet® work on Android phones and iPhones?
Yes. CardValet® works with the most recent mobile operating software as well as two past generations of Android and iPhone.
2. Can a user unsubscribe from CardValet®?
Not at this time.
3. How long does the app stay logged in if you don't log out?
The app automatically logs the user off after 10 minutes.
4. How will names appear on the card within the app?
Names are displayed as last name then first name (ex: DOE JANE).
5. Does CardValet® reflect the card status?
Yes, the Card Details screen displays the Card Status.
1. What are the CardValet® password requirements?
CardValet® passwords must be at least eight characters in length and must contain at least: one upper case character, one lower case character, one number, and one special character.
2. If a user has two cards from different financial institutions that support CardValet® can they register both cards with CardValet®?
The user must create a unique login account for each financial institution. Each login account is applicable for a single financial institution. In the login page, the logo of the last logged-in financial institution shows.
3. If the user's address is longer than 20 characters, what should be entered?
The user enters the first 20 characters of the street address.
4. Can multiple cards be linked to one registered CardValet® account?
Yes. Cardholders can register multiple cards within a single CardValet® app. Additional cards can be added within the "Settings > Add Card" screen.
5. How many cards can you register within a single CardValet® application?
There is no limit.
6. When loading more than one card on a device, what type of information does the user need in order to register each card?
The user needs to enter the same level of detail entered for the original card. This information generally includes the card number, address, zip code, expiration date, and CVV/CVC code. Secondary authentication includes: security token sent in an email, last 4 digits or the social security number, or a PIN'd transaction amount performed in the past 72 hours. Multiple individuals registering one card include: parents and dependents, spouses, and employers/employees.
7. You can download the card on multiple devices but are requested to indicate which device is "primary". What is the purpose of assigning a primary device? Can you make changes to the settings from the non-primary devices?
The primary device is used to track the GPS for "My Location" alerts and controls all merchant and threshold alerts will be sent to the primary device. All devices that have registered a particular card can view or change the CardValet® settings for that card. Controls (including the "On/Off" setting) are set at the card level, so the last update to a control will be honored regardless of which phone was used to make the change. Alerts are set at the device level, so each primary device will receive alerts that are set up from that particular device. The primary device can be reset by accessing "Settings > Primary Device".
8. As part of the cardholder registration process, CardValet® may prompt the user to enter the amount of a PIN-based transaction performed in the past 72 hours. What if a cardholder does use PIN'd transactions? What if they just used their card as a signature only?
In the event that the card holder does not have an email or SSN on the cardholder record, the cardholder is requested to perform a PIN-based transaction. The amount entered is compared to the historical transaction data. The PIN-based transaction may be performed at an ATM or to make a purchase.
9. When cardholders receive a reissued or replacement card, will they have to update their cards within the application?
If the card number is new, then the user must add the new card number to the user's profile. In addition, the user may delete the old card by accessing "Settings > Manage Accounts".
1. What exactly is the range of the "My Location" controls, and will this control setting impact internet transactions?
The "My Location" controls and alerts will check to ensure the merchant location is within a five mile radius of the device set as "primary" within CardValet®. These controls impact "card present" transactions only, therefore internet transactions are not impacted.
2. If "My Location" is set but the primary device is off, will transactions get denied outside of the "My Location" area?
CardValet® ingores location information that is more than one hour old. So, if the phone is off for more than an hour "My Location" controls will not take effect, and the transaction will not be denied on the basis of the old location information.
3. What happens if "My Location" is set but the phone is left at home? Will transactions be denied outside of the "My Location" area?
CardValet® performs a proximity check at the granularity of zip code or city, so if the merchant is close to home then the transactions will still go through.
4. Can a user turn on "My Location" for a dependent's card? How will it work?
"My Location" is only effective for the enrolled user. To limit the dependent's card, the user can use the "Region" feature to set usage preferences for where the card can be used. Set location preference to "Region" in the drop down menu, then "Add" a "New Region" to set the map to the area where the card may be used.
5. A region has been set on the map. Does this mean the card can only be used exactly in this region?
The region shows the approximate area where the card can be used. CardValet® can typically map the transaction down to a zip code or city. If the city or zip code of the merchant overlaps with the selected region on the map, then the transaction can still go through. There are instances where a merchant location cannot be mapped down to a zip code or city, in which case CardValet® would default to a state-level match.
6. Can card holders block all international transactions?
Yes, international transactions can be blocked using the "International" location control. Transactions will be limited to the United States.
7. Will location controls, merchant controls, threshold controls, and turning the card "Off" impact previously authorized recurring transactions?
Previously authorized recurrent payments will continue to process and will bypass the CardValet® edit checks.
8. How long does it take for a control or alert setting to take effect?
Control settings take effect as soon as the "Updating Information" message in the app stops.
9. How does a user turn off notifications at certain times (ex: when the user is sleeping)?
The user can set the "Do Not Disturb" time that will suppress notifications during the set times. Some notifications will still be delivered, such as any transaction denial or any transaction that is a card-present authorization.
10. Are the alerts sent as email or push notifications to the device?
CardValet® alerts are sent as push notifications to the phone. The alerts also display under "Messages" in the CardValet® app.
11. The user has set an alert for international transactions and no controls are set, will the user receive alerts for all international transactions regardless of whether the transactions are blocked or successful?
Yes, an alert is generated regardless of whether or not a control preference is set.
12. If a user sets multiple alerts and a transaction violates these alerts, will the user receive a separate message for each alert?
No, the alerts are consolidated into one message. For instance, if the message has violated "Threshold" and location settings then you will see only one alert and not multiple alerts.
13. When is a "Low Balance" alert generated?
CardValet® updates the balance under two conditions:
1. When the user logs into CardValet®
2. When the user taps "Refresh"
Even if the balance has fallen below the threshold that has been set, it is only updated when the user logs into the app or taps "Refresh," which then triggers the alert.
1. Does the app show recent transaction history?
Yes, the app shows the last 50 card-based transactions posted within the last 30 days.
2. What types of transactions display in CardValet®?
CardValet® only shows the transactions that are performed with the card. It does not show the transactions that are done on the account but without using your card, such as teller transactions or bill pay on an account.
3. Will the balance be updated to include teller transactions?
The balance will be updated to reflect the teller transactions if the account processor supplies the update.
CardValet is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Depending on your carrier and data service plan, you may incur charges for web enabled features on your device. Check with your mobile service provider for more information.
Go to main navigation