Grow With Us
Members First Credit Union of Florida was organized in May 1954 under the name Escambia County Teachers Credit Union. As a member-owned, non-profit thrift institution, it was formed for the purpose of encouraging savings by offering a good return on member investments. The Credit Union made loans at competitively low interest rates, provided other services to meet members' financial needs, and united members of a defined field of membership to democratically operate the Credit Union under state and federal law and regulations.
Over the next twenty-five years, the Credit Union grew substantially. It became evident that to remain in keeping with our original charter goals, we would need to grow with our community, and expand our membership base to encompass a tri-county area (Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa). Membership included school district administrative, instructional, and instructional-support employees, and was expanded to include current and former students of the geographical area. With this growth, a name change was necessary to better describe our new membership and we became Education Credit Union of Northwest Florida.
From our first operation, consisting of a small office space donated by the Escambia School District, to the several full service branches we currently operate, the Credit Union has not lost sight of its origin. Over four decades later, our name has changed to match our philosophy, and we have become Members First Credit Union of Florida. As your financial partner, our goal has always been to put our Members First.